A Philly mom whose 2-year-old drowned in a bathtub is now charged with murder for allegedly causing her death in a bout of "mental distress."
Police have announced criminal charges against the Philadelphia mother whose 2-year-old daughter drowned in a bathtub last week.
Diana Taylor, 36, was charged in the death of her daughter Faith Taylor, 2, who died on the afternoon of May 4 after reportedly drowning in a bathtub in their home in the Bustleton area of Philadelphia.
Taylor is charged with murder, involuntary manslaughter, and endangering the welfare of a child, police announced on Tuesday morning.
The child was found unconscious around 5:30 p.m. on May 4, police said.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
Faith was reportedly discovered by her father, who called 911, and was reportedly holding the child in his arms when paramedics arrived on the scene. She was pronounced dead shortly thereafter at Jefferson Hospital.
Taylor is believed to have been suffering "mental distress" and to have allegedly drowned her child, homicide detectives who questioned her told NBC10.
No court date was yet listed and no defense attorney for Taylor could be reached for comment.