- A small bunch of fresh dill
- 1 1/2 lb (680 g) new potatoes
- 1 tsp (5 ml) mixed peppercorns
- Oil for greasing
- 4 mackerel ?llets, 6 oz (170 g) each
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) natural Greek yogourt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) capers
- 1 lemon
1. Put kettle of water on to boil. Rinse and dry dill, remove ?ne fronds from stalks, and set both aside separately.
2. Scrub new potatoes and put into large saucepan with some salt and the dill stalks. Cover potatoes with boiling water from kettle, return to boil, and cook for 15–20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, preheat grill to high. Crush peppercorns with mortar and pestle or rolling pin. Lightly oil grill rack, lay ?llets on it, skin sides down, and sprinkle with peppercorns.
4. Grill ?llets for 5 minutes, then turn over, reduce heat to medium, and grill for another 5 minutes, or until skins are blistered. Turn over once more and grill for a further 2 minutes.
5. While ?sh is cooking, blend mayonnaise and yogourt in a bowl. Chop dill fronds and capers, and mix in. Cut lemon into wedges and set aside.
6. When mackerel is cooked, sprinkle ?esh sides with salt. Drain potatoes and remove dill stalks. Serve mackerel with potatoes, dill, mayonnaise and lemon wedges.
For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to rd.ca or check out Key Ingredients in this month’s Reader’s Digest, on newsstands now!