From striking sapphires to alluring azures, blue eyeshadow shades are among the year’s hottest makeup trends. Top makeup artist Claudine Baltazar shows you how to make the most of any blue hue:
- Start Fresh: Start with a complexion evened out with foundation and/or concealer, as needed. Prep your eye lids with a cream shadow base that either matches your skin or is colourless.
- Bring on the Blue: Use a brush to pat blue shadow (cream or powder) onto lid, keeping the intensity at the lashline and gradually fading out to the crease.
- Add Depth: Sweep a neutral medium shadow into crease. Highlight browbone with a shadow that’s one or two shades lighter than your skin. To add sparkle, try a pale gold.
- Lashes & Cheeks: Curl lashes and load upper lashes with black mascara. Then balance strong eye colour with a neutral blush on cheeks.
- Finishing Touch: Swipe on a sheer, neutral lipgloss and you’re done.
THE KIT is a digital magazine and Canada’s beauty authority. Subscribe for free at thekit.ca.