Hotels throughout the Philadelphia region are offering packages to promote popular attractions and special exhibitions running through the spring and summer seasons. Deals to pamper out-of-towners are citywide, giving those spending the night plenty of time to explore the city.
1. Five hotels are offering a package that includes two tickets to the National Constitution Center's "From Asbury Park to the Promise Land: The Life and Music of Bruce Springsteen" through Sept. 3. Participating hotels include Loews Philadelphia Hotel, Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, Sheraton Philadelphia University City, Omni Hotel at Independence Park and Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City.
2. Not surprisingly, the "Play and Stay" hotel package is perfect for families. Available at The Inn at Penn, Sheraton Philadelphia University City, Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Center City and Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, the package includes four free general-admission tickets for the Please Touch Museum.
3. It's the end of the world as we know it -- at least at the Penn Museum, hosting "Maya 2012: Lords of Time," through early 2013. Hotel package buyers get a pair of VIP tickets to the exhibit, a free audio tour and discounts to both the museum shops and cafe. The package is available through Jan. 13, 2013, at The Inn at Penn, Sheraton Philadelphia University City, Embassy Suites Philadelphia and the Hotel Palomar Philadelphia.
4. Sesame Place's "Stay and Play Getaway Package" comes with two "Elmo Any 2-Day" tickets and offers package buyers the chance to upgrade to higher-level season passes. The package is available at more than 20 hotels through Oct. 28.
5. The popular two-night "Philly Overnight Hotel Package" is available any day of the week at more than 30 participating hotels. The package's most popular perk: free hotel parking.
For more information about travel to Philadelphia, visit www.visitphilly.com or www.uwishunu.com. You can build itineraries, search event calendars, see photos and videos, view interactive maps, sign up for newsletters, book hotel reservations and more.
-- Contributed by The Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation. The Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation makes Philadelphia and The Countryside(r) a premier destination through marketing and image-building that increases business and promotes the region's vitality.