On April 22, more than six million Canadians will participate in activities to help protect and preserve the environment in celebration of Earth Day. But let’s not forget to take care of the environment the rest of the year.
Here are five easy ways you can make a difference to the environment throughout the year from TD Friends of the Environment Foundation:
- PHOTOS: Filipino devotees nailed to crosses to re-enact crucifixion4 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Memorial spotlights the man behind Nipsey Hussle rap persona14 Pictures
• Walk or bike to work, or to run errands during the week.
• Use energy-efficient appliances.
• Open the windows and give the air conditioner a rest during the summer.
• Turn off the lights when leaving a room.
• Grow your own food, and encourage kids to get involved by helping to plant the seeds and watch the fruits and vegetables grow.