An 18-year-old man faces charges including attempted murder after the first shooting inside a TTC subway car. An 18-year-old woman was shot in the groin Feb. 28 after a fight broke out on the train and she pulled out a pocket knife.
Police are still seeking Emmanuel Boakye, 20, and young offender Ibrahim Sadat, whose name was released after police obtained a court order.
Police used video footage taken from TTC cameras and witness accounts from some of the 30 or 40 people in the car at the time to identify three suspects involved in the incident.
The alleged shooter, who was 17 at the time of the incident, was arrested Wednesday at a Mississauga probation office. He is charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault, two counts of assault and various weapons offences, officers said.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
Det.-Sgt. Myron Demikew said video surveillance proved pivotal in identifying suspects in this case.