Here’s a great Valentine’s Day dessert that also celebrates the upcoming maple syrup season.
- 1 cup (250mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 (75 mL) cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 3 pkgs (250g each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) real maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) artificial maple extract
- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Frida Kahlo at the Brooklyn Museum doesn't hold back23 Pictures
Preheat oven to 350 C. Grease a 9-inch (23cm) spring form pan. Combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly, add walnuts. Press into prepared pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until light golden. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and brown sugar on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add maple syrup and blend until combined. Add eggs, beating on low speed after each addition. Pour into baked crust. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until just set. Remove from oven and let cool 1 hour. Refrigerate until chilled. To serve, drizzle with warm maple syrup.