• 2 cups (500 ml) plain yogurt
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) lemon juice
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground cumin
• 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground coriander
• 2 lbs (1 kg) pork tenderloin, cut into 1-1/2-in. (3.5 cm) cubes
• 8 small white onions, halved
• 8 cherry tomatoes
• 1 medium red pepper, cut into 1-1/2-in. (3.5 cm) pieces
• 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-1/2-in. (3.5 cm) pieces
1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and coriander; add pork. Seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate at least 1 hour, but preferably 6 hours or overnight.
2. Drain and discard the marinade. Alternately thread pork, onions, tomatoes and peppers on eight metal or soaked bamboo skewers.
3. Grill, barbecue or fry the kebabs covered over medium heat 15-20 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
Makes 8 kabobs
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
- Labrador retriever fetches top U.S. dog breed honor for record 28th year7 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures