- 4 mackerel fillets
- 4 tsp (20 mL) olive oil
- 2 apples, peeled
- Leaves from 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) orange marmalade
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) cider vinegar
1. Remove any bones that remain in mackerel. Preheat grill to high. Brush a shallow flameproof dish with a little oil and put mackerel fillets in it, skin side up. Make three cuts across each mackerel fillet, scoring skin to prevent it from curling during cooking.
2. Cut apples into quarters and remove cores, then cut each quarter into three or four slices. Put in dish around mackerel. Brush apples and fish with remaining oil. Sprinkle rosemary leaves over fish.
3. Grill mackerel 2-3 minutes or until skin is browned in places. Stir marmalade and vinegar in bowl. Turn over mackerel and apple slices. Brush some marmalade mixture over apples, then spoon remainder evenly over mackerel. Grill 2 minutes or until fish and apples are well browned in places. Fish should be firm and cooked, with flakes that separate easily and look opaque. Serve immediately.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to rd.ca