Quick! How many commercial centres can you name? OK, that’s not too bad for starters.
Now, of all those Yorkdales and Fairviews, how many are dedicated to something other than mass produced mallwear and preservative-laden calorie bombs? Thought so.
That’s what makes the Danforth’s Carrot Commons so special. It’s an outdoor oasis of specialty shops dedicated to mental and physical wellbeing.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
Stroll past 348 Danforth Ave. on a sunny day and you’ll see moms pushing strollers into the Commons’ Big Carrot for a vegan organic lunch on their way down from yoga on the second floor.
Who knew going to the mall could be so good for you?