Sometimes the old is new all over again. Historic Toronto restaurant Shopsy’s has been serving up slabs of premium deli meats since 1921, and has established itself as a certified city landmark. Theatre goers along the King Street strip made their house-smoked meat Reuben sandwiches a bona fide pre-show ritual before their Front Street location closed last year. But from the ashes arose a Shopsy’s reborn: The restaurant at 96 Richmond St. W. has melded a newly renovated, modern space with a culinary throwback to the days of old, when the Shopsy’s menu focused on good old-fashioned home-cooked foods at its original Spadina digs.

Loading...
Latest From ...