Tom Hank’s newest look at the Second World War focuses on the Pacific theatre, following the real life experiences of three U.S. Marines. The 10-part series cost $200 million US to make, and premieres on HBO Canada on Sunday.
How could you not be feeling a little nostalgic this week with the John Hughes’ memorial at the Academy Awards last Sunday — including the much-tweeted appearance of Judd Nelson — followed by the tragic death of Corey Haim on Wednesday. Head to the video store this weekend and rent a copy of The Lost Boys, Sixteen Candles or Say Anything — or, dig out those old Betamax and VHS tapes from the basement.
Quarantine The Past: Greatest Hits by Pavement
Now that ’90s indie stalwarts Pavement are touring again — they will be heading northwards this summer for a concert in Toronto — there is no excuse to be oblivious of their influence. This new compilation is a good place to fall in love with Stephen Malkmus and co. and their best slacker-friendly tunes — Gold Soundz, Cut Your Hair, Shady Lane, it’s all here.
Starbucks unveiled its line of ready brew coffees last year, and now it’s going decaf. This week, the coffee chain premiered its Starbucks VIA Ready Brew Decaffeinated Italian Roast, giving you an in-store coffee taste, but with less jitters.
With all their problems over the years, it would appear that child stars on Diff’rent Strokes are cursed. Now, Todd Bridges is weighing in on the theory with Killing Willis: From Diff’rent Strokes to the Mean Streets to the Life I Always Wanted, chronicling his fall from teen idol to tabloid joke. It is in stores on Tuesday.
Pedro Almodovar and his muse Penelope Cruz reunited last year for the drama Broken Embraces — garnering critical acclaim and a number of award nominations. Now, the DVD is set to hit store shelves on Tuesday.
The Hurt Locker
You may have missed The Hurt Locker when it played in theatres the first time, but now that it won the Academy Award for Best Picture — and garnered Kathryn Bigelow the first ever Oscar for a female director — the film is heading back to the big screen.
Latest From ...
- Prospect Park Zoo to breed near-threatened Pallas's cats in new exhibitHow to see the ‘super blood wolf moon' eclipse this weekendEntertainment
- Everything to know about Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin’s big weddingWill there be a Punisher season 3? Here's what we knowLifestyle
- Is Costco open on Martin Luther King Day?Is Wawa open on MLK Day?Sports
- Michael Dal Colle nets NHL 1st, Islanders keep rolling in win vs. DevilsNHL Jets Predators free live stream, watch online
- Prospect Park Zoo to breed near-threatened Pallas's cats in new exhibitHow to see the ‘super blood wolf moon' eclipse this weekendNYC food carts now receive letter grades from health departmentEverything to know about Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin’s big weddingWill there be a Punisher season 3? Here's what we knowThe Punisher season 2 ending explained: What happens to Jigsaw?Is Costco open on Martin Luther King Day?Is Wawa open on MLK Day?Finding the perfect outdoor space with the cast of Backyard Envy