• 1/3 cup (75 ml) olive oil
• 2 onions, thinly sliced
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 4 large eggs
• 1/3 cup (75 ml) 1% milk
• 1/3 cup (75 ml) chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley or coriander
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) chopped fresh dill (optional)
• 1 large zucchini, halved lengthways, then thinly sliced
• Chili sauce or harissa (optional)
1. Heat 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil in large frying pan with flameproof handle over medium heat. Add onions and stir 3 minutes, then add garlic and continue frying for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft and golden brown.
2. Meanwhile, beat eggs, herbs and milk together in large bowl. When onions are golden, stir into egg mixture.
3. Heat 2 tbsp (25 ml) oil in pan. Add zucchini and gently fry 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender and lightly browned. Add zucchini to egg mixture.
4. Add remaining oil to pan and swirl around to coat edge. Pour in eggs and zucchini, using spatula to spread mixture out. Leave eggah to cook 8 minutes, shaking pan occasionally, until egg mixture is almost set and only a small amount of unset mixture remains on surface. Meanwhile, preheat grill to high and position grill shelf about 4 in. (10 cm) from heat.
5. Place pan under grill and grill eggah 2–3 minutes until surface is just set. Run spatula around edge and invert onto large platter. Serve immediately or set aside and leave to cool. Serve cut into wedges, sprinkled with chili sauce or harissa, if you like.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca