- 1 lb mussels
- 1/4 chorizo sausage sliced into six pieces
- 1 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup leeks and red onion
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 leeks finely chopped, white parts only
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Mill Street Tank House Ale
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the mussels under cold running water while scrubbing with a vegetable brush. Remove the stringy mussel beards with your thumb and index finger as you wash them. Discard any mussels with broken shells.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the sausage, leeks, garlic, red onion and thyme. Cook until the vegetables become a pulp, approx. 5 minutes.
- Add the mussels and give everything a good toss.
- Add the Mill Street Tank House Ale.
- Cover and steam over medium-high heat for 8 minutes, until the mussels open. Stir occasionally so all the mussels are in contact with the heat.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and a drizzle of olive oil to the sauce remaining in the pot and swirl to incorporate.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve immediately.