The following is the transcript of tonight’s live blog of
Game 2 of the QMJHL semifinals between the Halifax Mooseheads and Gatineau
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- UPDATE: Looking back at Lil' Kim's style through the years 40 Pictures
* The game isn’t an entertaining one in the early going, as it’s extremely
tight-checking and neither offensively-gifted team is getting many chances.
* The Mooseheads continue to get into trouble against the
Claude Giroux-Paul Byron-Matthew Pistilli line, although the Olympiques aren’t
* Mooseheads defenceman Guillaume Monast was almost burned
on a bad turnover that eventually ended up on the stick of Claude Giroux, but
Mark Yetman made an outstanding save to keep the game scoreless.
* The power plays of both teams are doing very little. Each
team had three chances each, and the score at the end of a period is 0-0. Halifax has an 11-7 edge
* Brad Marchand is guilty of over-handling the puck at the
offensive blue line and it almost costs the Mooseheads about a minute in. Mark
Yetman bails Marchand out with a great save after a passing play on a Gatineau 2-on-1.
* The Giroux-Byron combination continues to be dangerous and
does a great job pressuring the Mooseheads’ defenceman into penalties and
* David Bouchard takes a high-sticking penalty at 12:16.
This isn’t a good penalty for Bouchard, and he might not see another shift
because of it.
* GOAL GAT (1-0 Gat) The Olympiques draw first
blood on the power play. Matthew Stinziani fires a pass from behind the net to
an open Alexandre Quesnel in front, and Quesnel beats Yetman point blank with a
quick shot at 9:41.
* Yetman did a good job to fight off a tricky shot from
Claude Giroux with his glove. Giroux stickhandled around a couple of players to
generate the chance.
* With eight minutes to go, Jakub Voracek and Logan
MacMillan make great plays to give Colby Pridham an open net on a 2-on-1, but
he fans on the chance.
* Daniel Smith takes a boarding penalty at 13:08. The
Mooseheads’ fourth line barely sees the ice and has taken back-to-back minors.
* GOAL GAT (2-0 Gat) Paul Byron converts on the
power play with his third of the series and 11th of the playoffs. The Buffalo
Sabres pick skates over the blue line and tees up a slap shot from between the
tops of the faceoff circles and beats Yetman through a screen. Halifax’s penalties are
proving to be costly.
* With 5:50 to go, the Mooseheads have had just two shots
* Steven Delisle gives Halifax
its xxxth power play of the night with five minutes to go, but the Mooseheads
still can’t put one past Ryan Mior, who hasn’t been tested with many glorious
scoring chances this game --- or this series.
* GOAL HFX (2-1 Gat) Bryce Swan gives the
Mooseheads life at 16:11. A Guillaume Monast point shot hits a body in the slot
and ends up on Swan’s stick, and he turns, fires and pops Mior’s water bottle
with a bullet shot top shelf. It’s Swan’s 11th of the playoffs, and he’s moved
to within one of the franchise’s playoff record.
* Justin Pender has seen time on the power play this period
and looks good. He’s making good decisions, moving the puck quickly and has a
bullet shot --- and he’s showing he’s not afraid to use it and getting it off
more quickly than he has in the past.
* The Mooseheads are coming on strong and will start the
third period with a power play for 1:44. This will be pivotal stretch and is a
great chance for the Mooseheads to even this game up and set the stage for an
* GOAL HFX (2-2) The Mooseheads tie it up on the
power play just 1:27 into the period. It’s a beautiful four-way passing play,
starting with Colby Pridham to Jakub Voracek at the point to Andrew Bodnarchuk
down low to Peter-James Corsi in front. Corsi one-taps it past Mior for his
eighth tally of the playoffs.
* David Bouchard took a huge knee-on-knee hit from Nicolas
Boyer with 15:27 remaining, drawing a five-minute major and a game misconduct.
This could be a massive turning point for the Mooseheads, although Bouchard
looks seriously hurt and isn’t putting any weight on his right knee as he
leaves the ice.
* Olympiques defenceman Joey Ryan just blocked a heavy shot
in a gutsy play, but he barely gets off the ice and heads to the dressing room
* Peter-James Corsi has parked himself in front of Ryan Mior
for a couple of good chances tonight, and also has one of Halifax’s goals.
* Joey Ryan has returned for Gatineau.
*Ryan Mior has been sharp on the power play, and was saved
by one of his posts on a bullet shot from Brad Marchand on one of Halifax’s best chances.
* GOAL GAT (3-2 Gat) Claude Giroux puts Gatineau ahead at 8:20
with an unassisted shorthanded tally. He wins a couple of foot-races and
loose-puck battles, skates over the blue line and beats Yetman cleanly from the
same spot as Byron did earlier --- between the tops of the faceoff circles.
This is a tough pill for Halifax
* Yetman responds moments later with a sharp glove save on
* GOAL HFX (3-3) Tomas Knotek revives his team and
the crowd just 1:35 after Giroux’s goal. He steps over the blue line and
unleashes a cannon, and it sizzles past a stunned Mior. It’s Halifax’s first even-strength goal of the
* Knotek has been playing hard all period and had another
good shift after his goal.
* Claude Giroux wired a bullet off the cross-bar with 2:44
Alexandre Touchette skated off with an injury with 2:30 to go.
* Brad Marchand saved a potential rebound goal with a great
backcheck with 1:02 to go.
star Claude Giroux hobbled off the ice in the final minute after getting tied
up with Mooseheads forward Colby Pridham. It’s not clear what happened, but
after a brief trip to the bench, managed to return to the ice shortly
* The Mooseheads are going to overtime for the fourth time
in five games, and none of them have they needed more than this one. They
really can’t afford to go in a 2-0 hole given that the next three games are on
the road in Gatineau.
They’re outshooting the Olympiques 32-23 and it’s been an evenly-played
* Claude Giroux has the best chance in overtime through
seven minutes, getting a shot off in the slot that Mark Yetman had to make a
big pad save on.
* Marchand had a great chance about nine minutes in,
whirling and twirling his way into the slot and whacking a hard shot that Mior
stopped with a pad.
* It’s a nervous crowd at the Metro Centre, and with good
reason. It will be a worst-case scenario for the Moose if they go to Gatineau down 2-0.
* Logan MacMillan had back-to-back opportunities to win it,
but Ryan Mior is starting to heat up in overtime. He later made a great diving
paddle save on a Bryce Swan rebound that had Swan looking to the rafters in
frustration with eight minutes left.
* The Mooseheads are getting some of their best offensive
chances of the series in overtime, but on the flip side, Mior is rising to the
* The shots are 43-29 for Halifax.
* Mior is really shining for Gatineau, and he just made another brilliant
paddle save on Yuri Cheremetiev with about 5:45 left in the first overtime.
Justin Pender goes to the box for hooking with 5:07 to go. It’s a tough break
for Pender, who was partially responsible for the Game 1 winner.
* The Mooseheads earn a big penalty kill on Pender’s minor.
* Mior gloved down a bullet from Pender after the big
defenceman got out of the penalty box and rushed down the right wing for a
* This game’s going to a second overtime. Mior made 16 saves
many of them brilliant in nature. Yetman was tested nine times at the other
* Justin Pender has had a strong game on the Mooseheads’
blue line, which is nice to see after the tough break he had in Game 1.
* The Olympiques are looking tired, and the Mooseheads are
coming in waves.
* Hubert Labrie nearly took Logan MacMillan’s head off on
one hit, but wasn’t penalized. The 16-year-old Labrie is only listed at
5-foot-10 and 168 pounds, but he’s been a real thorn in the side of the
Mooseheads with his physical edge.
* GOAL GAT (4-3 Gat) Andrew Bodnarchuk turned over
the puck breaking out of his own zone and it ended up on the stick of the wrong
guy, Claude Giroux, the league’s leading scorer. Giroux danced into the
offensive zone as the Mooseheads scrambled to recover and went top shelf to
* The Mooseheads are in big trouble heading to Gatineau, but they played
a good game and were robbed of victory by Mior in the first overtime. Mior was
the first star with 47 saves, while Claude Giroux was No. 2 and Bryce Swan No.
3. Game 3 is in Gatineau
on Wednesday, with Games 4 and 5, if necessary, on Thursday and Saturday.