Director: Martin Scorsese
Stars: Asa Butterfield, Chloë Grace Moretz and Christopher Lee
Set in 1930s Paris, the new Martin Scorsese film is a sophisticated kid’s movie about an orphan obsessed with repairing an automaton left behind by his father.
His fixation leads him to forgotten film pioneer Georges Méliès and a new life.
Hugo is the Scorsese’s homage not only to the filmmakers who shaped his youth but to the art form itself.
There is a sense of wonder imprinted on every frame. Add to that star Asa Butterfield’s face, reminiscent of the moon faced children of early cinema, the dulcet tones of Christopher Lee, 3D that enhances not overwhelms, and you have a movie about the magic of film with plenty of its own magic.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures