Mushroom and Chicken Salad
• 125 ml chicken or vegetable broth
• 50 ml balsamic vinegar
• 2 large cloves garlic, minced
• 500 g boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 50 ml vegetable oil, divided
• 7 ml each coriander and cumin
• 500 g sliced fresh mushrooms
• 125 ml each thin carrot and red pepper strips
• Freshly ground black or cayenne pepper, to taste
• 1.5 l mixed salad greens
• Crumbled goat cheese (optional)
1. In a measuring cup or small bowl, combine broth, vinegar and garlic; set aside for vinaigrette.
2. Cut chicken into 1-cm cubes. In a large non-stick skillet, heat 30 ml of the oil with coriander and cumin over medium-high heat. Saute chicken for about 3 minutes.
3. Add remaining oil and mushrooms, carrot and red pepper; stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender-crisp. Stir in vinaigrette and heat just until warm; season with pepper.
4. Divide mixed greens equally among serving plates. Spoon mixture with dressing on top of greens; sprinkle with goat cheese, if desired.