• 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
• 4 zucchini, halved
• 4 Pacific halibut fillets
• 4 tbsp (60 mL) mayonnaise
• 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
• leaves from 2 sprigs of fresh tarragon
• Zest of 1 orange
• Orange wedges, to serve
1. Preheat broiler to high. Brush ovenproof dish with oil and lay zucchini inside, cut side down. Brush with oil and broil 3 minutes. Turn zucchini, brush with oil and cook 4-5 minutes or until browned and tender. Set aside in dish.
2. While zucchini are broiling, prepare halibut. Brush grill pan with oil and put fillets in, skin side down. Mix mayonnaise and mustard, then spread this evenly over fish. Put pan under broiler and cook about 5 minutes. Topping should be golden and fish firm and cooked through. If fish begins to brown too quickly in first 1-2 minutes of cooking, lower pan so that it is farther away from heat.
3. Sprinkle tarragon and orange zest over zucchini. Transfer halibut to warm plates and add zucchini. Garnish with orange wedges and serve.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
Mustard-mayo halibut with tarragon-orange zucchini