Botox has received some bad press about its dangerous side effects. Why not rely on safe, natural skin care products and vitamin-rich foods to maintain beautiful skin? Over time your skin will show significant results.
Natural skin care ingredients can safely enhance the condition of your skin. Look for these products in your natural health food store:
- Moisturizers that contain sorbitol, honey sugars, or fruit acids draw moisture from the air and trap it in the skin.
- Exfoliators such as natural salts perform microdermabrasion; they flake off dead outer layers of skin, unclog oil glands, and allow natural oils to lubricate the skin.
- Emollients such as coconut, corn, jojoba, or nut oils prevent moisture loss.
- Skin conditioners that contain lecithin, vegetable alcohol, and vitamin B smooth and soften skin.
- Natural sunscreens that contain zinc oxide create a physical barrier to protect skin against the sun’s rays.
Eating right adds a healthy glow to your skin. Vitamin A (found in milk, eggs, cantaloupe and yellow and dark green vegetables) helps build new skin cells. Vitamin B (found in whole grains, brewer’s yeast, legumes and green vegetables) allows the skin to shed dead skin. Vitamin C (found in citrus fruits, yellow and dark green vegetables and strawberries) helps build and maintain elastin and collagen. The trace element zinc (found in peas, nuts, brewer’s yeast, and dairy products) helps regulate the skin’s oil glands.
What you put on your skin and in your body will help you look healthy and feel energized without having to resort to harmful cosmetic treatments.