Hey ladies, wedding season is coming up. What do you do if you don’t have a date, though?
A pair of brothers decided to use the tried and true Craigslist. You see, Dave and Mike don’t have dates for their cousins wedding. They’re both single but don’t want to take “fringe women” in their lives and “face the inevitable ‘does this mean he wants to take things to the next level’” questions that will ensue.
Dave and Mike’s cousin are required to bring dates, in order to prevent them from “harassing” the bride’s friends all night.
This is why they’re relying on Craigslist to find a stranger date.
The first thing that crossed our minds was “Craigslist killer!” Remember the actual Boston guy that lured women in via Craigslist? Well, Mike and Dave promise they’re not mimicking his actions.
- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Frida Kahlo at the Brooklyn Museum doesn't hold back23 Pictures
Here is what the buys, from Albany but now live in New York and D.C., in women:
1. They must be “attractive for our aunts will judge you, but not TO attractive or one of our uncles might grope you.
2. Relaxed and easy going.
3. Own a dress, or have the ability to achier one.
4. A resume – they are looking for a well rounded woman to attend the classy event.
When reading through their Craiglist post, it’s hard to decide whether these two guys are creative and hilarious, or just trying to milk media attention.
It turn out we’re not the only ones raising an eyebrow.
People have left comments on various news reports of the listing, calling out the brothers.
“Clearly I’ve failed. – Dad of NY Bros,” one commenter wrote.
“The good thing is they’re not upstaging the bridge and groom at all on their special day. Which is nice,” another one posted online. Note the sarcasm.
What do you think of this ad? Would you go on this wedding date?
Follow Mary Ann Georgantopoulos on Twitter @marygeorgant