OSLO (Reuters) - Norway's appeal case against a legal ruling that found the state had violated the human rights of mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik will most likely be held in January, a court said on Friday.
Far-right militant Breivik killed 77 people in July 2011 - eight in a bomb attack in Oslo and 69 in a shooting spree at a youth meeting of the Labour Party on a nearby island.
The case was originally scheduled for November, but Breivik's lawyer Oeystein Storrvik said earlier this month he would ask for a later court date, as he had another case scheduled on those days.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
Oslo's district court ruled on April 20 that the state had denied Breivik his human rights by keeping him in solitary confinement, a judgement that shocked many in Norway and abroad.
(Reporting by Joachim Dagenborg, writing by Stine Jacobsen)