• 1 pack (250 g) young spinach leaves
• Small bunch of fresh parsley
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) olive oil
• 1 small onion
• 3/4 lb (335 g) small button mushrooms
• 3/4 cup (175 ml) roasted cashew nuts
• 5 medium eggs
• Salt and black pepper
• 3 oz (85 g) Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat broiler to high. Rinse and dry spinach and parsley; chop enough parsley for 2 tbsp (25 ml); set aside.
2. Heat oil in large frying pan. Halve, peel and nely chop onion. Fry over moderate heat, stirring, until soft, 3–4 minutes.
3. Clean and quarter mushrooms; add to chopped onion and fry, stirring frequently, 3–4 minutes.
4. Add spinach and cook over fairly high heat, stirring frequently, until leaves have wilted and excess liquid has evaporated, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in cashews and reduce heat to low.
5. Break eggs into bowl. Add 2 tbsp (25 ml) cold water and chopped parsley. Add seasoning and beat together.
6. Pour egg mixture into spinach. Cook 5 minutes until egg is just set and golden underneath, lifting edges to let uncooked egg run underneath.
7. Grate cheese, sprinkle over top and broil 2–3 minutes, until fritatta is golden.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
Most Popular From ...