- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
The spring edition of the One Of A Kind Show is on now through Sunday. It’s a much anticipated shopping event for stylistas who appreciate unusual Canadian-made wearables and crave a hit of spring fashion.
Many shoppers prefer it over the frenetic, sometimes overwhelming Christmas show, as the focus is mainly on personal shopping versus crazed gift-buying.
There are all kinds of fashion nuggets peppered throughout the show, so make sure to grab a floor-plan map to help navigate your way through the numerous booths. Make sure to visit the Fashion District, home to a hip cluster of emerging designers from across the country — this section also includes the Ready To Wear zone spotlighting innovative first-time vendors. The always-memorable Rising Stars area is where talented newbies (including many art and design students) are showcased.
There really are far too many to name, but here are some goods worth seeking out:
- Understated cool separates by Toronto designer Cindy Seto, Booth O-43.
- Retro-pretty dresses and tops by local lovelies Dagg and Stacey, Booth P-50.
- Smitten Kitten’s fetching silk flower brooches, Booth C-7.
- Tara Shelton’s sterling bee and butterfly necklaces, Booth C-8.
- Quirky-sweet silkscreened hats by Jenna Rose of Guelph, Booth M-12.
- Jack & Marjorie’s creatively recycled handbags, Booth B-13.
- Sultry dresses and tops by BC’s Lilikoi, Booth P-41.
- Montreal designer Rachel F.’s silkscreened leather jewelry and accessories, Booth P-35.
- Flirty skirts and dresses from Vancouver’s Cherry Blossom, Booth L-46.
- Urban chic dressing by Revolve Clothing, Booth O-49.
- Boldly colourful clay cuffs and pendants by Kari Lynn Bianchi, Booth G-51.
- Susanna Erazo’s stunning leather belts, L-24.
- Eye-catching fabric brooches by Montreal’s Pin Pals, Booth I-50.
Plan to dedicate a good three hours walking through the aisles of tempting goods, or get a re-entry pass when you leave and visit the show twice.
On Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 2:30 p.m., visit the Style Express seminar at the main stage, a session focused on fashion forward accessories.
INFO: Visit www.oneofakindshow.comfor details.
WHERE: The Direct Energy Centre, Exhibition Place, Toronto
WHEN: Thursday and Friday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
TICKETS: If you buy tickets online, they’re $10 for adults and $6.50 for seniors. Tickets at the door are $12 for adults, $6.50 for seniors and youth, and children under 12 are free.