One-pot Chicken Casserole with Creamy Sherry Sauce
- PHOTOS: 16 Betty White quotes to brighten your day17 Pictures
- PHOTOS: It was a stylish No Pants Subway Ride 2019 in NYC19 Pictures
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 250 g button mushrooms
- 6 oz (175 g) baby leeks
- 4 small turnips, peeled and quartered
- 500 g pre-washed small new potatoes
- 2 1/3 cups chicken stock, made with stock cube
- 4 tbsp medium or sweet sherry
- 200 g green beans
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1. Heat oil in pot. Add chicken; season and cook over high heat 2 minutes, turning. Remove from pot and set aside.
- 2. Add mushrooms to pot and cook over high heat, stirring, 1 minute. Reduce heat; add leeks, then turnips and potatoes.
- 3. Pour in stock and sherry. Bring to boil. Add chicken and juices from plate. Reduce heat, cover and cook 10 minutes.
- 4. Add beans, cover and bubble until chicken and vegetables are cooked. Divide among four plates. Keep warm.
- 5. Boil stock uncovered over high heat 5 minutes to reduce. Meanwhile, mix cornstarch with yogurt and lemon zest.
- 6. Gradually add most of reduced stock to yogurt mixture, stirring, and pour back into pot. Boil, stirring, to thicken sauce. Pour some sauce over chicken and vegetables; serve remainder separately.