• 1 tbsp (15 ml) all-purpose flour
• 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) olive oil
• 3 strips bacon, chopped
• 1/2 lb (250 g) chestnut mushrooms, sliced
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) Dijon mustard
• 7 oz (200 g) blueberries
• Juice of 1/2 lemon
• 3 tbsp (45 ml) finely chopped fresh parsley
1. Put flour into shallow dish and season well, then spread out. Add chicken breasts and turn to coat. Shake off excess.
2. Heat oil in frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken, reduce heat to medium and cook until well browned underneath. Turn over to brown other side. Pierce middle of one breast with point of knife to check that meat is no longer pink.
3. Transfer chicken to serving dish. Add bacon to pan and cook, stirring, until cooked and fat runs out. Add mushrooms and continue to cook over fairly high heat, stirring, 2 minutes.
4. Add mustard to pan and stir with mushrooms and bacon. Gently stir in blueberries. Add lemon juice, stir and immediately remove pan from heat.
5. Sprinkle in parsley, then spoon mushrooms and blueberries over chicken and serve.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
- There's fanfic at The Met and it's all because of the Tale of Genji21 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures