• 4 sirloin steaks, trimmed
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) olive oil
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 14 oz (398 ml) can chopped tomatoes
• 6-3/4 tbsp (100 ml) white or red wine
• 2/3 lb (300 g) tagliatelle
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) capers, drained and rinsed
• 12 pitted black or green olives, halved
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) chopped fresh basil
1. Rub steaks with 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil and some black pepper. Heat large frying pan; cook steaks, about 2-1/2 minutes per side for rare, 4 minutes per side for medium, and 7 minutes per side for well done. Remove to plate using slotted spoon and keep warm.
2. Add remaining oil to pan, then add onion and garlic, and cook gently 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in tomatoes and wine. Cook gently 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally
to break down tomatoes.
3. While sauce is cooking, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain. Stir capers into sauce with olives and basil; season to taste.
4. Return steaks to frying pan to heat through, spooning sauce over meat. Divide pasta among four plates. Serve steak and sauce over top.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 36 Pictures