Pappardelle with Chicken and Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into 3/4 -in. (2-cm) cubes
- 14 oz (400 g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 14 oz (400 g) pappardelle
- 5 oz (150 g) arugula
- 1. Heat olive oil in frying pan with lid. Add onion and garlic; cook gently 2 minutes. Add chicken and stir-fry over medium heat until lightly coloured. Reduce heat slightly and stir in tomatoes. Cover pan and cook, stirring occasionally, 8-10 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and chicken is cooked through.
- 2. While sauce is simmering, cook pasta in pot of salted boiling water according to pack instructions. Drain.
- 3. Stir arugula into sauce and season to taste. Tip pasta into warmed serving bowl. Spoon over sauce and toss gently to combine thoroughly. Serve.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to rd.ca