Two and a half months after Jim Hearst died on the floor of his downtown apartment building, the provincial ministry investigating why paramedics took more than 30 minutes to arrive has not interviewed key witnesses or released any findings.

An Ontario Ministry of Health report summarizing the results of the investigation, requested by the City of Toronto July 16, was expected to go to the city late last month.

But a ministry spokesperson, blaming the unavailability of “key police and ambulance contacts” due to “vacations and shift work,” says the completion date has been pushed back to the end of September.

Meanwhile, other key witnesses haven’t even been contacted.

“The fact that it’s taking so long seems very suspicious to me,” said Alejandro Martinez, Hearst’s partner of eight years. “They haven’t contacted me at all.”