Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Recipe Developed by Paula Bowman
Photo: Carlo Mendoza
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 (6-7oz) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1. Preheat broiler to high and set oven rack to top position. Lightly oil a rimmed sheet pan with olive oil and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, mix egg whites with Dijon mustard and set aside. Place chicken breasts on a cutting board. With a knife parallel to the cutting board, cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise to create two thin chicken breast cutlets. Working with one cutlet at a time, dip chicken into egg white mixture and then coat in Parmesan cheese and place on prepared sheet pan.
- 3. Broil chicken breasts until crunchy and golden on one side, flip over and continue to cook on other side until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Toss carrots with walnuts just before serving. Divide chicken cutlets and carrot mixture among four plates and serve with any remaining broth from pan.