• 250 g pasta twists or spirals, such as fusilli or rotini
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) extra virgin olive oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 garlic clove, chopped
• 2 zucchinis, thinly sliced
• 2 tsp (10 ml) caster sugar
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) sun-dried tomato pesto
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) white or red wine vinegar
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) capers
• 6 tomatoes, skinned, halved and cut into thin wedges
• 1 can (6 oz/170 g) tuna in water, drained and
• roughly flaked
• 6 black olives (not oil-packed), pitted and halved
• Fresh Italian parsley to garnish
1. Cook pasta in boiling water according to the package instructions, until just al dente. Drain pasta, rinse with cold water and drain again.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat half of olive oil in medium saucepan. Add onion and garlic, and fry 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened. Add remaining olive oil and zucchinis and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes.
3. Add sugar, sun-dried tomato pesto, wine vinegar and capers to onion and zucchini mixture. Heat for a few seconds, stirring until all ingredients have combined to form a dressing.
4. Stir in tomatoes, then transfer mixture to large mixing bowl and set aside to cool.
5. Add drained pasta to bowl, then gently mix in tuna and black olives. Divide salad among 4 plates or transfer to large serving bowl. Serve garnished with some Italian parsley leaves.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
- PHOTOS: Filipino devotees nailed to crosses to re-enact crucifixion4 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Memorial spotlights the man behind Nipsey Hussle rap persona14 Pictures