• 2 tbsp (30ml) butter, melted
• 2 cups (500ml) all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup (50ml) granulated sugar
• 2 tbsp (30ml) poppy seed
• 1 tbsp (15ml) baking powder
• 1/2 tsp (2ml) salt
• 2 eggs
• 1 1/2 cups (375ml) milk
• 1 cup (250ml) sour cream
• 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla
• Butter for cooking pancakes
1. Peel peaches and slice into thin wedges.
2. In microwave, melt 2 tbsp butter in small bowl.
3. In large bowl, with fork, stir flour with sugar, poppy seed, baking powder and salt. Make a well in centre.
4. In medium bowl, whisk eggs with milk, sour cream, melted butter and vanilla. Pour into well in flour mixture and stir until evenly mixed(but do not beat mixture).
5. Melt 1 tsp butter in frying pan over medium heat. Pour batter, making silver-dollar size pancakes, or use 1/4 cup measure to pour batter. Top each pancake with 1-4 peach wedges, pushing peaches into batter. Cook until pancake surface is covered in bubbles and edges start to brown, 2-3 minutes. Turn pancakes over and cook 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
6. Place cooked pancakes on plate and keep warm in low temperature oven while cooking rest of pancakes. Serve pancakes with pure maple syrup.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Exclusive contest for Metro readers! Visit www.20minutesupperclub.com/metro and be entered to win a $50 President’s Choice gift certificate to stock your cupboards with delicious PC products. For product information and store locations, visit PC.ca. A weekly winner will be drawn until the end of October.
- Labrador retriever fetches top U.S. dog breed honor for record 28th year7 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures