Pecan Crusted Red Snapper
Recipe Developed by Paula Bowman
Photo: Carlo Mendoza
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus more for greasing pan
- 3/4 cup pecans, toasted
- 1 tsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, plus more for vinaigrette
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus more for vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 4 (5-6oz) skinless red snapper fillets
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed sheet pan with tin foil and lightly grease with olive oil. Set aside.
- 2. In a food processor, pulse nuts until ground. Transfer to a shallow bowl and toss with rosemary, salt and pepper and set aside.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine mustard and 1 tablespoon olive oil and stir until well blended. Place fish on a flat surface. Divide mustard mix evenly and spread over the top side of each fillet. Working with one fillet at a time, place fish, mustard-side down into the reserved pecan mixture and coat evenly. Transfer fillet to prepared pan, pecan side up, and continue with remaining fillets. Bake in oven until top is crispy and cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes.