Fearing for his life, a Peel officer fired at the driver of a stolen vehicle speeding toward him on the QEW, police say.
The driver, who later stole two more vehicles, remains at large as does a stolen 2003 burgundy Cadillac Escalade.
Sunday afternoon’s incident resulted in the closing of the westbound QEW between Winston Churchill Boulevard and Trafalgar Road for several hours.
The incident began when a plainclothes officer spotted a suspicious Yukon Denali in the Mavis Road-Highway 403 area in Mississauga.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
The officer the driver tried to knock down wasn’t injured, police said.
Few details about the suspect are being released other than he has dark hair and wore sunglasses. Police are anxious to speak with witnesses or anyone who might know of the man’s whereabouts.