• 3 tbsp (45 ml) steak sauce
• 4 1/2 tsp (22 ml) minced fresh thyme or 1 tsp (5 ml) dried thyme
• 1/4 tsp (1 ml) coarsely ground pepper
• 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cayenne pepper
• 2 beef T-bone steaks
• 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
1. Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting grill. In small bowl, combine steak sauce, thyme, pepper and cayenne.
2. Sprinkle steaks on both sides with salt. Spoon about 2 teaspoons steak sauce mixture on one side of steaks.
3. Place on grill sauce side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat 6 minutes. Brush with remaining sauce and turn. Grill 4-6 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, meat thermometer should read 145 F/63 C; medium, 160 F/71 C; well-done 170 F/77 C). Serve with grilled veggie skewers.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
Peppered T-bone Steaks