From Grade 1 until the end of high school, a student may eat more than 2,400 lunches at school. You can put together a lunch that not only tastes great, but also packs the nutrition that children need in their busy days Here’s one lunch box idea: Chili
• 250 ml (1 cup) cooked rice
• 175 ml (3/4 cup) canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
• 125 ml (1/2 cup) frozen corn kernels
• 1 medium tomato, chopped
• 50 ml (1/4 cup) diced green bell pepper
• 30 ml (2 tbsp) finely chopped onion
• 1 ml (1/4 tsp) chili powder
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, stir ingredients until combined. Microwave on high, loosely covered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until hot. Stir before serving.
2. This can be placed in an insulated container or if you have access to a microwave oven, warm it up at school or work.