Rosé wines are as fresh as white, nourishing as red
Rosé is the fastest growing category of wines at the LCBO. Pink is hot! And who is drinking all this rosé? Me, for one, but it appears that once converted, rosé fans drink more and more of the stuff. It becomes addictive.
I could certainly survive the summer on dry rosé. Note I mentioned the word dry. Unlike blush wines, which are more like coolers or juice, dry rosés are legit wines — on par with good whites or reds. What’s great is they deliver the refreshment of white and the nourishment of red. Handy, eh? Another advantage of liking dry rosé is that good bottles can be had for $10 to $12.
My first of this season was the delicious, zesty, fruity, drink-anytime ’06 Henry of Pelham. It comes with a handy screwcap. Another likable, but different local is the ’06 Gamay Rosé from Reif. Off-dry and shades of a fruit punch — great for family gatherings.
Star of the season so far is Torres ’06 de Casta from Spain. It’s as good as it gets in the rich, Mediterranean style. Grilled meats of seafood with this one. And what a value. Screwcap, too. Another bargain for summer meals on the patio is the newly arrived ’06 vintage of JeanJean. This Syrah Rosé is tasty, fruity, and with a little spice. And a little richness to partner your supper. A nice hit of the south of France. This rosé is available year round, and is sporting a new label.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
Be sure you get the ’06 vintage of these wines.
- Next Wednesday, June 13, is the Wines For The BBQ event. Join yours truly at Southern Accent restaurant (Bathurst subway) and taste six wines I’ve chosen to match grilled foods, alongside a three-course southern barbecue dinner. Visit www.billysbestbottles.comfor more information.