A Strathcona County homeowner made a gruesome discovery over the weekend, after his dog carried home a human skull.
On Thursday evening, police were dispatched to a home in the rural subdivision of Belvedere Heights, where a 41-year-old man had indeed, recovered the remains of a human head.
After a search of the area, police discovered the remains of a skeleton on the property.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
The rural area east of Edmonton has become a notorious hot-spot for the discovery of human remains.
Project KARE, a police division dedicated to investigating the disappearance of those living a high-risk lifestyle, was notified in the incident, but is not actively involved in the investigation.
Police won’t be releasing the sex, age, race, or any details of the identity of the body, pending results of a Medical Examiner’s report, slated for today.