Calgary police continue to investigate the suspicious deaths of two men over the weekend after a second man succumbed to his injuries in hospital.
The police were called to a home in the 100 block of Coventry Crescent N.E just after 8:30 p.m. on Saturday night after someone wanted them to look into the welfare of the residents, according to Duty Inspector Luch Berti.
When police arrived they found two men in serious condition. One man was pronounced dead on the scene by the paramedics and the other man was rushed to Foothills hospital with critical injuries, where he died yesterday afternoon.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
While the police continue to investigate they aren’t releasing many details except to say that the homicide unit has been called in.
“We’ve made a lot of progress and continue to investigate but we’ll release more information soon. It’s definitely suspicious and homicide definitely is investigating,” Berti told Metro. “There’s a lot more to it now that the second man has died.”
Police are withholding the name of the victims pending notification of next of kin.