On Wednesday Vice President Mike Pence had the honor of swearing in Alabama Senator Doug Jones, but it was Jones’s son that stole the show.
During the ceremony held at the Capitol, wife Louise and sons Christopher and Carson accompanied Senator Doug Jones. Vice President Mike Pence had the honor of swearing in Doug Jones, officially making him the first Democratic Senator in Alabama in 25 years.
Former Vice President Joe Biden was also there to show his support and was seen giving Jones a hug after he was sworn in.
As Vice President Mike Pence held the Bible while Senator Doug Jones took the oath of office, Carson Jones was seen staring directly into the eyes of Pence.
Carson Jones, who is openly gay, appeared to stare deep into the soul of Mike Pence during the ceremony. Pence has a history of making anti-LGBT statements or signing off on laws that oppose the views of the LGBT community.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
As soon as the photo was released to the public it went viral.
“Photo of the decade: Doug Jones being sworn in, while his openly gay son QUIETLY DISINTEGRATES THE SOUL OF MIKE PENCE, one Twitter user wrote.
Photo of the decade: Doug Jones being sworn in, while his openly gay son QUIETLY DISINTEGRATES THE SOUL OF MIKE PENCE. pic.twitter.com/wTKHAZSrOx— Derek Milman (@DerekMilman) January 4, 2018
“Wow. The look on the face of Doug Jones' proudly gay son Carson as bigot Pence swears him in: priceless, author Steve Silberman wrote.
That's the look of recognizing someone from their Grindr profile.— Voight-Kampff Test (@enjen99) January 4, 2018
This photo is everything. Truly glorious.— Tom Lewis (@Elder_Cincy_Guy) January 4, 2018
Carson Jones later posted the picture to his Instagram account with the hashtag “#nocaptionneeded.”
Doug Jones became the 49th member of the Senate after he defeated Republican candidate Roy Moore in a special election on December 12.