Sean Spicer might have announced his resignation on Friday, but his post-White House opportunities keep rolling in. Not only does he have a job offer from the Moonlite Bunny Ranch, it appears “Dancing with the Stars” wants his spicy moves.
According to Page Six, Spicer spent Wednesday in New York City talking to “major broadcasters about a new career in TV where he can share his insider knowledge of President Trump.”
Sources told the publication Spicer, 45, was spotted leaving “high-level meetings” at ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox News in Manhattan.
He’s also being wooed by ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars.”
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
Actor Zach Braff jokingly tweeted when Spicer stepped down, “Can’t wait to see Sean Spicer waltz on Dancing With the Stars.”
Can't wait to see Sean Spicer waltz on Dancing With the Stars.— Zach Braff (@zachbraff) July 21, 2017
But as with many jokes, there is a kernel of truth and a TV insider told Page Six “that [rumor] has legs.”
Leaving reality TV mogul Donald Trump and heading to reality TV land isn’t a foreign concept. After former Texas Gov. Rick Perry lost to Trump during the GOP primary, the now-energy czar was a dancing star.
Actually, he was the second contestant to get the boot.
Page Six reached Spicer by phone on Wednesday, but he declared “I have no comment.” An ABC rep told the publication, “We don’t comment on casting.”
Spicer stepped down from his post as White House press secretary last week after his boss in the Oval Office named Anthony Scaramucci his new communications director.
A Republican close to the White House told Reuters that Trump settled on Scaramucci, 53, a political supporter and former Goldman Sachs banker, for the head media job on Thursday and met with him on Friday morning to formally offer it to him.
A White House official briefed on what happened next said Spicer was told of Scaramucci's hiring and Trump urged Spicer to stay on. But Spicer, 45, said he did not want to stay on under the terms and conditions described to him and quit.
A source close to the White House said: “Basically Donald Trump likes Scaramucci on TV and saw the communications director job as a way to ... make him a top TV surrogate."
The source said Trump wanted Spicer to be press secretary and do much of the communications director's work as well, "with Scaramucci holding the ceremonial title with no responsibility. And that was the real challenge.”
At an early afternoon briefing, Scaramucci, in his debut before the White House press corps, named Sarah Sanders as the new press secretary. She had been Spicer's deputy.
The embattled press secretary Spicer stepped down after Trump named Anthony Scaramucci his new communications director. Scaramucci, a millionaire financier, predicted Spicer would not be hurting for offers. “He’s done an amazing job,” Scaramucci said last week. “I wish him well and I hope he goes on to make a tremendous amount of money.”
Reuters contributed to this report.