Lemon Mint Pork Tenderloin
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) grated lemon rind
• 3 tbsp (45 ml) each lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil and liquid honey
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh mint
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 2 pork tenderloins (each 12 oz/375 g)
• 1/4 tsp (1 ml) each salt and pepper
In large bowl, whisk together lemon rind and juice, oil, honey, mint and garlic. Add pork, turning to coat; cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes or for up to 8 hours.
Place pork on greased grill over medium-high heat; brush with any remaining marinade. Close lid and grill, turning once, until juices run clear when pork is pierced and just a hint of pink remains inside, 15 to 20 minutes.
Transfer to cutting board and tent with foil; let stand for 5 minutes before carving into 1 cm-thick slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Peach and Blackberry Cornmeal Cobbler
If you can’t find any blackberries, use raspberries instead. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a homey and comforting dessert.
• 7 cups (1.75 L) sliced pitted peeled firm ripe peaches
• 1 cup (250 ml) blackberries
• 1/3 cup (75 ml) granulated sugar
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) cornstarch
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
• 1 cup (250 ml) all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup (125 ml) cornmeal
• 1/4 cup (50 ml) granulated sugar
• 1 tsp (5 ml) grated lemon rind
• 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
• 1/4 tsp (1 ml) baking soda
• 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
• 1/3 cup (75 ml) cold unsalted butter, cubed
• 2/3 cup (150 ml) milk
In large bowl, gently toss together peaches, blackberries, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice; scrape into 8-inch (2 L) square glass baking dish.
In large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, lemon rind, baking powder, baking soda and salt; using pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until crumbly. Drizzle with milk, stirring to form soft, sticky dough. Drop topping by 1 tbsp (15 mL) onto peach mixture.
Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven until bubbly and biscuits are golden and no longer doughy underneath when lifted, about 50 minutes.
• Make-ahead: Let cool. Cover loosely with foil and refrigerate for up to 24 hours; reheat in 350°F/180°C oven for about 30 minutes.
– For more Tested-Till-Perfect recipes, visit www.canadianliving.com
- There's fanfic at The Met and it's all because of the Tale of Genji21 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures