• Salt and black pepper
• 1 lb (500g) pork fillet
• 8 scallions
• 2/3 lb (300 g) celery
• 2/3 lb (300 g) small button mushrooms
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
• 1/2 lb (230g) egg noodles
• 3 tbsp (45 ml) wholegrain mustard
• 3/4 cup (175 ml) whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to low setting to keep pork warm later. Put large pot of lightly salted water on to boil for noodles.
2. Cut pork into thin strips; season with pepper. Trim, rinse, and slice onions and celery; clean and slice mushrooms.
3. Heat half the olive oil in wok or frying pan over high heat and stir-fry pork 4–5 minutes, until lightly coloured. Remove and keep warm.
4. Add remaining oil to wok or pan with celery and half the scallions and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until soft.
5. Add noodles to boiling water, cook for 3 minutes, then drain well.
6. Stir mustard and whipping cream into vegetables and bring mixture to boil. Add pork, heat through, then season to taste.
7. Serve pork stir-fry spooned over noodles, sprinkled with remaining scallions.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
Pork with Egg Noodles