- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) pre-washed baby new potatoes
- 4 bacon slices
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 round of Camembert cheese, 1/2 lb (250 g)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 10% cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 440°F (230°C). Cook potatoes in pot of boiling water 12-15 minutes or until tender. Drain thoroughly and tip into greased, shallow ovenproof dish.
- 2. While potatoes are cooking, snip bacon into thin strips using kitchen scissors. Put into cold, nonstick frying pan and cook over high heat until crispy. Remove from pan with slotted spoon. Mix scallions with cooked bacon.
- 3. Cut half-round of cheese in half horizontally to make two semicircles. Score rind in criss-cross pattern to help cheese to melt.
- 4. Scatter bacon and onions over potatoes. Season with ground black pepper, then pour over cream. Set cheese on top, rind side uppermost, then bake 7-10 minutes or until melting and bubbling. Serve piping hot.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to rd.ca