Wherever you fall on the political spectrum, unless it is in the extreme Palin or Cruz zone (where saying something nice about him seems banned), you have to admit that Barack Obama has a certain hipness that makes past commanders-in-chief look extra fuddy-duddy.
The White House took another giant step forward in sealing that legacy with the release of the #POTUSPlaylist for Spotify (POTUS being the acronym for President of The United States).
RELATED: What your Playlists say about you.
The savvy social media division in the West Wing had the President write down what music gets his groove on to inaugurate its joining the music streaming service as another way to get Obama's message out to the American people.
We'll let the listener -- you -- decide what this list says about Obama. Tweet or Facebook us with your thoughts to our @metro_us Twitter page or to our Facebook posting of this story on the Metro New York Facebook page. While you're there, be sure to follow us too!
Obama, who is on vacation with The First Family on Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts, divided his choices into two playlists -- one for day and one for night.
From Nina Simone and Bob Dylan to Justin Timberlake, Bob Marley, Aretha Franklin and Beyonce, Obama's Spotify choices are spot on when it comes to cool.
- Ain’t Too Proud to Beg – The Temptations
- Live It Up – Isley Brothers
- Memories Live – Talib Kweli & Hi Tek
- Tombstone Blues – Bob Dylan
- So Much Trouble in the World – Bob Marley
- Paradise – Coldplay
- Tengo Un Trato (Remix) – Mala Rodriguez
- Wang Dang Doodle – Howlin Wolf
- Another Star – Stevie Wonder
- Hot Fun in the Summertime – Sly & the Family Stone
- Boozophilia – Low Cut Connie
- Wherever Is Your Heart– Brandi Carlile
- Good Day – Nappy Roots
- Green Light – John Legend
- Gimme Shelter – Rolling Stones
- Rock Steady – Aretha Franklin
- Down Down the Deep River – Okkervil River
- Pusher Love Girl – Justin Timberlake
- Shake It Out – Florence + The Machine
- La Salsa La Traigo Yo – Sonora Carruseles
- My Favorite Things – John Coltrane
- Superpower (feat. Frank Ocean) – Beyoncé
- Moondance – Van Morrison
- Is Your Love Big Enough? – Lianne La Havas
- How Can You Mend a Broken Heart – Al Green
- Red & White & Blue & Gold – Aoife O’Donovan
- Nothing Even Matters – Lauryn Hill
- The Best Is Yet to Come – Frank Sinatra
- You Don’t Know Me – Ray Charles
- I Found My Everything – Mary J Blige
- Help Me – Joni Mitchell
- I’ve Got Dreams to Remember – Otis Redding
- Suzanne – Leonard Cohen
- Feeling Good – Nina Simone
- Stubborn Love – The Lumineers
- Until – Cassandra Wilson
- UMI Says – Mos Def
- The Very Thought of You – Billie Holiday
- Flamenco Sketches – Miles Davis
- Woo – Erykah Badu