Choose Your City
Change City

Private Reserve Sonata 2004


Who: Calona Vineyards

What: Private Reserve Sonata 2004

Where: Okanagan Valley, B.C.

Why: ‘Tis the week before Valentine’s and all through Vancouver, you search for the perfect dessert wine to woo her. Look no further than your local V.Q.A. store for this port-style wine — one of the exclusive few wines you can pair with chocolate. The 2004 vintage is 75 per cent Chancellor and 25 per cent Merlot grapes and aged in old American oak for 18 months. The married blend is plush, velvety and rich, with figs, almonds, plums and sweet vanilla. A fiery kick with a long, smooth finish.

When: After a romantic dinner à deux, in front of the fireplace, with fine dark chocolate, oozy ripe stilton and/or ripe figs, and the object of your desire.

How (much): $15.99 for 375ml, specialty wine stores or winery.

Winespeak of the Week: Calona Vineyards is a true pioneer in the B.C. wine industry, and takes the honour of being the oldest, largest and most awarded winery in the Okanagan. Established in 1932, they have grown to sourcing more than 330 acres of select Okanagan vineyards.


You Might Also Like