Rib-sticking and hearty, this pea soup packs a nutritional punch, is full of fibre and comforting flavour. Just before serving, pop a few bagels into the toaster — they're a perfect accompaniment.
Quebec Pea Soup with Croutons
Prep time: 15 min.
Cooking: 45 min.
- 2 cups (500 ml) dried yellow split peas
- 1carton (900 ml) low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups (1 l) water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 each celery stalks and carrots, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried summer savoury leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp (2 ml) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Garlic and Onion Country Harvest Bagels
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil