• 1 1/2 cups couscous
• 3 cups chicken stock OR water
• 1 tablespoon curry powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/2 cup raisins
• 1 bunch parsley OR cilantro, chopped
• 1/2 cup slivered almonds
Pour couscous into a bowl. Lightly toast almonds in a dry pan. Mix chicken stock, curry powder, salt, pepper and raisins in a saucepan and bring to a boil; remove from heat. Pour the boiling liquid over the couscous. Seal top of the bowl with plastic wrap and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork and toss with olive oil. Top with cilantro and almonds.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Exclusive contest for Metro readers! Visit www.20minutesupperclub.com/metro and be entered to win a $50 President’s Choice gift certificate to stock your cupboards with delicious PC products. For product information and store locations, visit www.PC.ca. A weekly winner will be drawn from now until the end of October.
– 20 Minute Supper Club helps you get dinner ready in a snap. Sign up for quick and delicious recipes, cooking and food tips. It’s free at www.20minutesupperclub.com
Quick Curried Couscous