Quinoa With Balsamic Vegetable Kebabs
- 2/3 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 2/3 cups hot vegetable stock, made with stock cube
- 2 x 250-g packages roasting vegetables
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 200 g can corn, drained
- 1 tbsp butter
- 125g frozen peas
- 250 g marinated tofu, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 tsp mild chili powder
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Place quinoa and stock in large pot; add 1/2 tsp salt and ground black pepper. Boil, then cover and simmer gently 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, push roasting vegetables onto eight metal skewers, brush with oil and scatter with some leaves from thyme sprigs. Place in shallow roasting pan and season. Roast 10-12 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- 3. Stir corn into pot of quinoa and add butter, peas and tofu. Add chili powder. Cover and cook gently 5 minutes. Remove from heat and leave to stand. Add parsley and fork through.
- 4. Drizzle balsamic vinegar over kebabs and return to oven to roast until just tender. Serve with quinoa.