For those with kids, just one more week until the daycare known as school reconvenes. I’m just glad I won’t have to keep fighting with Grade 8 kids for shirt sizes. But I digress…
- PHOTOS: Celebrities attend 'Avengers: Endgame' premiere in Los Angeles22 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Memorial spotlights the man behind Nipsey Hussle rap persona14 Pictures
• If you don’t feel for Abbotsford’s Ray Stewart, you either don’t have a heart or have never played golf. Stewart had to play his way into last weekend’s Champion’s Tour event down in Seattle; not much was expected from him with the likes of Mark O’Meara, Nick Price and Tom Kite in the field. But Stewart caught lightning in a bottle and led this tournament heading into Sunday’s final round. In fact, he was jockeying for the win heading into the home stretch when the unthinkable happened: he four-putted the 15th green for a double bogey. However, Stewart regrouped and birdied the next hole, only to put his tee shot in the water on 17. Two doubles in three holes; sounds like what I’d be drinking if I were in his shoes. If you’ve golfed, you’ve been there. Even with a birdie on the final hole, Stewart finished one stroke shy of making a seven-man playoff to decide the tournament. But no clubs were thrown or f-bombs uttered.
Though disappointed, Stewart received the ultimate pick-me-up from his caddie, who declared, “I’m proud of you, dad.”
• The Canucks will officially unveil their new uniforms tomorrow at a press conference that is open to all fans. The jerseys will be revealed at 12:30 p.m., with free hot dogs and beverages for all that attend the tailgate party on the South Plaza of GM Place in the hour prior to the launch. Extra ketchup and mustard will be used to recreate the Canucks’ “salmon jerseys” of the mid-90s.
• Got a beef? E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org