Mounties are searching for anyone who may have been shot by a pellet gun on Whyte Avenue, as they believe the two 14-year-olds accused in a double homicide fired at pedestrians in the hours before Susan Trudel and Barry Boenke were found dead.

“So far, we’ve followed up. There could have been people who were in shops or restaurants that came out to damage on their vehicles, and didn’t know how it happened,” said Strathcona County RCMP Const. Wally Henry, adding people may have been hit with pellets shot from the truck, but didn’t report it.

The boys were arrested by city cops after they were found driving Boenke’s stolen truck around 2:45 a.m. on June 1.

Boenke, 68, and Trudel, 50, were found dead on a rural Strathcona County property about two hours later.

Both teens have been charged in connection with the double homicide, one with two counts of first-degree murder, the other with accessory charges.

Investigators are attempting to piece together the events leading up to the boys’ arrest.

Henry said police are reviewing security camera footage from along the strip, but are trying to establish a timeline.